Friday, May 01, 2009

SHORT AND SWEET

***MICHAEL'S BACK, HOORAY***
And back with a vengeance.
Flaherty: "There's a mist or light rain invading the stadium."
Michael: "Or a gloaming."
Flaherty: "Gloaming? Is that a Florida term?"
Michael: "Yes. A gloaming."
Actually Michael, a gloaming is a way to describe dusk or twilight. It has nothing to do with precipitation and is probably not an appropriate description for after 10:00 PM. I don't know what it has to do with Florida.

***VLADIMIR GUERRERO HAS A TORN CHEST MUSCLE***
I don't even want to go there.

***WHO'S THE GUY WEARING MELKY'S NUMBER?***
We have seen flashes of this level of play before, but not for this long. I like the new #53.

***IT AIN'T CUTTIN'***
Rivera's cutter doesn't seem to be moving like last year, at least for the first couple of batters. I don't know if it's too cold or he's just loose yet. Maybe he needs to warm up more. Either way, he better get it back before he starts blowing saves left and right.

***DON'T PIN ME DOWN***
When asked about his plans after soccer, Phil Neville replied, "I've never been so certain about anything in my life. I want to be a coach! ...or a manager, I'm not sure which."

***...AND HE'S PROUD OF THIS?***
When asked about the work ethic of soccer player Jamie Mackie, manager Paul Jewel said, "He would chase a piece of paper on a windy day." ("I don't need no stinkin' aerobic equipment.")

No comments: