Monday, October 29, 2012


Baseball

I tried to watch game 3 of the Series Saturday night. Honest. But with Syracuse staging a huge second half rally on one channel and Notre Dame v. Oklahoma on another, another punchless baseball game with the constant chatter of Captain Obvious and Major Confused was, on the one hand boring, and gratingly painful on the other.

Prince Fielder (1b) and Jhonny Peralta (ss) have filled my Post-Season Spectacular Failures Infield along with Yankee mainstays Robinson Cano (2b) and A-Rod (3b).

Sad, the NHL owners are flushing the season down the drain. After this year’s World Series I was hoping to watch some games with actual scoring.

Next time the Tigers make it to the World Series I hope they read the manual.

Football in JonesTown

Look! In the sky! It’s a bird! It’s a plane! It’s a Tony Romo interception!

(Apologies to hard core Cowboys fans Sandra Dunn and my nephew Tim)

Our First MITT

I’m pleased to award the first MITT with an Exxon-Mobil Cluster (Category: Tell Me What to Believe So I Can Believe it Too) to the increasing number of Delusional Climate Change Deniers Living Outside of the Path of Hurricane Irene, Record Droughts, Artic Ice Loss, Rising Sea Levels, and Crop failures.

Live well, my friends. Sandy the Frankenstorm is about to provide a reality lesson.

VK

No comments: