Thursday, November 19, 2009

Fox Newsworthy?

Geez, I expect to see Picasner on Fox news alongside the other Artistes de Bullshit Glen Beck, Hannity, and, don't we all hope, Lou Dobbs.

No one sets up a straw man and knocks him down better than the "P". Quote, "Picasner never said the AL Central was very tough." No kidding. Who said you did?

Quote, "...the Twins were the 2nd least likely team to win it." What talking-head geniuses mouthed that prediction. And why would you take as gospel any prediction made by sportswriters? As a group they barely work on the fringes of journalism and, with few exceptions, are famous for being contrarians at best and bozos at worst.

I do thank you for making my points, i.e. the Twins are an also-ran team and the baggie is a dreadful place for visitors. Now all you need to do is say it - the rest of the AL Central is worse. It's OK to say. Everyone knows.

So the fat ass in LA won the MOTY. Dude, if there was ever a so what - who cares award, this is it. And I, along with every other sentient being, agree the AL West also blows.

And what's with the smarmy, "If it makes you feel better...". I haven't heard you use that "argument" since 1953 when you used it in the 4th grade. You're just so touchy lately!

Rats. The Knicks won last night giving them the lead in November New York victories (yes, I know I'm excluding the Rangers but I don't pay much attention to hockey until July).

You're on.

No comments: