Sunday, October 19, 2008

OK, TAKE A DEEP BREATH

KEEP TALKIN', CLIFF
"Maybe we're supposed to win, maybe we're supposed to lose." Cliff Floyd of the Rays, doesn't sound very confident, does he? That's not the attitude I'd like to hear, if I were his coach. Just a reminder, Cliff, now YOU have to win, too.

REALLY?
Did anyone notice there was no left field ump for most of last night's game? I didn't think so. I always thought it was a ploy by the Umpires Assoc. to get two more umpires some playoff money. Ostensibly, they're there for fair/foul calls and occasional "trap" plays. I can only recall one instance when they were "needed", (NY-Balt playoff in the 90's) and then they got it wrong (Mr. Jeter thanks you).

JOBA IN THE NEWS
Mr. Chamberlain was arrested in Nebraska (by their policeman) for DUI and speeding. Speeding, huh. I guess he can "bring it" in a car, too.

AMERICA'S (?) TEAM
Picasner's opinion: Dallas isn't going to go anywhere with Romo and Terrell Owens. This week, Romo was out with an injury (his pinkie, poor boy), so Owens was going to have to screw up the team by himself. Luckily, he was up to the task.

TEAM OF DESTINY ?
The Rays have come back all year when no one thought they could. I won't be that surprised if they do it again tonight, But there is no way I would ever lay any money against this Red Sox team. It will be interesting to see if anyone succumbs to the pressure tonight.

No comments: